A Twisted Crown of Thorns ®

Reformed. Christianity. Evangelism. Modern Culture.

Woman gets “tired of waiting” and marries herself.

If we define morality and the institution of marriage by our own human standards we are bound to open the flood gates for even the wackiest of ideas. No, I am not kidding. If we eliminate God’s standard of morality we soon find ourselves with situations like this one.

A woman who grew impatient with waiting for Mr. Right has found a solution: she’s married herself.

36-year-old single mother Nadine Schweigert stood in front of 40 family members and friends as she took part in a ‘commitment ceremony,’ swapping rings with her ‘inner groom.’

Schweigert, from Fargo, North Dakota, even read vows at the wedding, promising that:

“I, Nadine, promise to enjoy inhabiting my own life and to relish a lifelong love affair with my beautiful self.”

News of her solo wedding got passed around, and within days Schweigert found herself speaking to Anderson Cooper about her motives for marrying herself. She told the chat show host: “I started discovering that that love I need? It’s in here [gesturing to her chest]. No-one else can give it to me. [...] To be married to myself means I have to invest in this relationship.”

No surprises! Get ready for many more people coming up with more depraved options!
About these ads

8 responses to “Woman gets “tired of waiting” and marries herself.

1. inspiredhome June 2, 2012 at 18:31

Ehh she was merely being “true to herself” and “following her heart” –two things even the church puts a stamp of approval upon.

• Acidri June 2, 2012 at 23:25

That’s the popular answer I feared would come forth. That’s because it’s wrong and secondly it’s not what the bible teaches.

• Cheryl June 4, 2012 at 21:45

I hope you understood that my post came with a hint of sarcasm!

• Acidri June 4, 2012 at 21:57

Cringe!You got me.Lol :-/

2. Pingback: Woman gets “tired of waiting” and marries herself | Captivated by Christ

3. SLIMJIM June 6, 2012 at 01:41

How many people are already married to themselves when we read her words about commitment to self love

• Acidri June 6, 2012 at 05:50

Some times I think we all are just like her. Sadly.

4. Scott October 10, 2012 at 16:58

Is this a joke?! It sounds like Lark News (www.larknews.com)! I wonder how they will stay in business when reality gets too crazy to satirize!?