You might be a Charismaniac if… (via Charismania)
March 7, 2011
Posted by on
You might be a Charismaniac if…
- You think it’s normal that your pastor owns the church.
- Most of the sermons you hear are about money – getting more of it.
- Most sermons are based on Old Testament texts, or single verses plucked out of the New Testament, particularly 3 John 1:2.
- You think it’s normal to give a pastor a standing ovation.
- You think it’s normal for a pastor to take up birthday offerings for himself or his wife.
- You think the “Gospel” is mostly about the good things God will do for you on this earth, right now.
- You keep hearing that there is a huge “end-times” revival right around the corner.
- You’ve been taught that, in conjunction with this “end-times” revival, Christians are going to get richer and richer.
- You believe that the best way to receive a miracle is to “sow a seed,” which means give a large offering you can’t afford.
- You believe certain people – your pastor, and other leaders with large ministries – are specially “anointed” and hear directly from God. Rest of the Post
This a re-blogged guest post via Charismania