Pelagianism is the theological doctrine propounded by Pelagius, a British monk, and was condemned as heresy by the Church in 416 A.D. It denied original sin and affirmed the ability of humans to be righteous by the exercise of free will. Here are ten clues you may be a closet Pelagian (Don’t scrowl at me I didn’t write them):
skeleton in closet
10. You believe that God has done His part, now you have to do yours.
9. You believe that every time you repent, God wipes your slate clean.
8. You believe that people are saved because they responded to an altar call.
7. You believe that it is unfair for God to command things people can’t do.
6. You believe that God helps those who help themselves.
5. You fear that the Rapture might take place before you get a chance to repent of your latest lapse from Christian character.
4. You think the Book of Life is written in pencil. Read More