February 17, 2015
Posted by on
At a time muslim fanatics pride themselves in treating Christians and all others as inhumanely as they individually feel, I know there must still be a gleamer of a restless conscience among some Muslims. What can take away the guilt of murder? What can absolve any one of such sin and shame? The words of that good old Christian hymn says it all:
What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Read more of this post
October 19, 2014
Posted by on
When we read of persecution and hear of despicable things being done to Christian fathers, mothers and children by people filled with hatred and violence we should remember this was similar to the times of Habakkuk in the time of the Babylonian invasion. At a time when Habakkuk reports his belly trembled with fear, his lips quivered and he felt rottenness in his bones in the day of trouble. Yet his encouragement came from putting his trust in the one True God.
Consider this an encouragement and a poem to all those who have lost everything or are on the verge of losing everything to ISIS OR BOKO HARAM ….
June 14, 2014
Posted by on
This is a new development and may hopefully be a regular feature of this blog as we bring you news, mission reports, prayer concerns and mundane pieces from around the world.
- Botswana clamps down on rogue charismatic and prosperity preachers. After seeing a rise in pastors promising miracles in the forms of successful marriages, work promotions, financial freedom, children for the barren – the government of Botswana has decided to put up some drastic measures.Will these new measures affect genuine doctrinally sound preachers too?
- Cleansing of Iraq’s Christians reaches its end game. There is much to pray for as a nation descends into chaos. The ruthlessness of ISIS, an offshoot of al-Qaeda, has been legendary. Its beheadings, crucifixions and other atrocities toward Christians and everyone else who fails to conform to its vision of a caliphate have been on full display. Will you continue to pray for this country?
- Scotland police drop charges against two Christian evangelists who were arrested for allegedly using “offensive language” in Dundee and Perth. Clearly there is a pressing need for the Police to work with street preachers to come up with guidelines on ‘best practice’ for police services to ensure that officers on the beat do not take away the fundamental freedom of Christians to do open air evangelism -reports Christian Concern.
- Reformation Montana starts on 19th June to 21 June 2014. Reformation Montana is an affiliation of like-minded churches and individuals that cooperate for the purpose of sending missionaries from Montana and the surrounding regions to the rest of the world.
- Indiana church introduces speedier church services. Will this reach the unchurched? -asks Christian Post or better still will this feed the Christians?
- A pastors’ retreat in Yumbe (Uganda) ended on a high note. Yumbe is a place with very high numbers of fundamentalist muslims and hardly any Christians but there seems to be some untold joy among the pastors who daily face machete attacks and death threats -reports Reaching Africa’s Unreached.