- 655,768 Likes!
Reformed. Christianity. Evangelism. Modern Culture.
An interesting piece here on William Carey’s 11 pieces of advice on missions:
- Set an infinite value on immortal souls.
- Gain all the information you can about “the snares and delusions in which these heathens are held.”
- Abstain from all English manners which might increase prejudice against the gospel.
- Watch for all opportunities for doing good, even when you are tired and hot.
- Make Christ crucified the great subject of your preaching.
- Earn the people’s confidence by your friendship.
- Build up the souls that are gathered.
- Turn the work over to “the native brethren” as soon as possible.
- Work with all your might to translate the Bible into their languages. Build schools to this end.
- Stay alert in prayer, wrestling with God until he “famish these idols and cause the heathen to experience the blessedness that is in Christ.”
- Give yourself totally to this glorious cause. Surrender your time, gifts, strength, families, the very clothes you wear.
HT: To Every Tribe.